Friday, March 02, 2007

I need to stop thinking.

It is quite annoying that in facebook, you look up people you want to reconnect, add them to your list of friends, and have them message you once, or twice if you're lucky, and then have them fall off the face of the planet again. What's the point? I want more than just a "hello, where have you been and what are you up to now?". I want to hear life stories. I demand life experiences. I want to know how people have changed or stayed the same. I want to know what makes a person that person. That isn't possible without actual conversations. If people aren't willing to converse, then they really shouldn't add you to their list of friends. The whole shallowness of facebook is a constant reminder of why I hated high school.
That being said, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm weird. My way of thinking and personality are a lot different than most people's. Most online quizzes have confirmed that, not to mention most of my friends confirmed it as well. I should not expect people to have the same values as me. Heck, I should not even expect people to have remotely similar values as mine. So, the question now becomes, what's important for people? I want to know. Is it to be appreciated by many? Is it to have deep connections with a few? Is it money? Is it success? How do you define success? What do you care about? What does it mean to live a good life?

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

What is important? What is success? What is a good life? Damned if I know.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home